Enter now for Varsity MTB Challenge 2017
Entries are now open for the second edition of the Varsity MTB Challenge. This year’s race will take place on 30 September and 1 October 2017 in Paarl and Franschhoek.
“Professional and casual riders were blown away by how well the first race was organised,” says Gina Woodburn, Varsity MTB Challenge Organiser. “The unique route, shower facilities, facecloths at the finish line, and well-marshalled route were just some of the elements that took riders by surprise. For the second edition of the race, riders can expect more from this young MTB brand and we invite all MTB enthusiasts to join us in Paarl and Franschhoek at the end of September.”
Varsity MTB Challenge is the only mountain bike race in South Africa with a unique university twist, whereby each participant (and team) rides for the university of his or her choice. This does not mean that riders need to be students. This race is for everyone.
Teams of two will compete in two major categories: general and student entries, with prizes up for grabs for Men’s, Women’s and Mixed teams. A special student entry fee will apply to registered students.
- General Public and Alumni entry: R4 000 per team of two
- Student entry: R2 200 per team of two (students need to present their student cards on race day)
- To enter, visit the Fees and Registration page on varsitymtbchallenge.com
FNB and RMB Private Bank cardholders receive a further 10% discount on their entry fee (terms and conditions apply).
Special offer to return riders only
All 2016 riders are invited to enter for this year’s race and receive a special 20% discount on their entry.
- General public and alumni entry: R3 200 per team of two riders (Regular fee: R4 000).
- Student entry: R1 760 per team of two riders (Regular fee: R2 200). Students need to present their student cards on race day.
- Offer valid until 31 March 2017.
Included in entry fee
- University-specific bike numbers
- Personalised name/university bike stickers
- Event race jersey (General Public and Alumni entries only)
- FNB promotional items
- Light breakfast table on both days
- Lunch on both days
- Live entertainment at the race village each day
- Complimentary rider facilities at the race village
- Lucky prizes
What to expect in 2017
The race weekend promises to be lots of fun for everyone, including spectators. Expect a vibrant race village with beer garden, wine tasting and food stalls. Live entertainment will be on offer. For spectators wanting to follow that action on the trails, special spectator spots will be created on the route.
For riders, expect the best rider facilities on offer:
- Refreshment stations serving complimentary drinks, food, sweet treats and more
- Route marshals and direction signage
- Photographers and race coverage on route
- Bike park and storage
- Bike wash
- Shower facilities with complimentary towels and shower gel
- Massage and Recovery Zone. Treat yourself to a relaxing massage and well-deserved recovery at the Recovery Zone. This facility will be free to all riders and no pre-booking is necessary.
For more Varsity MTB Challenge information:
Facebook: Varsity MTB Challenge