Official SASeeding for Varsity MTB
The second annual Varsity MTB Challenge will take place on 30 September and 1 October 2017 in Paarl and Franschhoek. An exciting addition to this year’s race will see the two-day event being included on the SASeeding points system. This will allow riders to use the race to accumulate valuable ranking points.
“We are excited about having the race becoming a SASeeding event,” says Trent Key, one of the organisers of the Varsity MTB Challenge. “The details of the categories will soon be finalised, which will allow the rider’s results to be added to their official position on the overall cycling rankings in the country.”
Apart from the seeding incentive being added to the Varsity MTB Challenge, the riders can once again look forward to amazing treatment and facilities including warm showers, a free bike wash after each day, a free massage and an amazing race village atmosphere at the end of both days.
Varsity MTB Challenge is the only mountain bike race in South Africa with a unique university twist, whereby each participant (and team) rides for the university of his or her choice. This does not mean that riders need to be students. This race is for everyone.
- General Public and Alumni entry: R4 000 per team of two
- Student entry: R2 200 per team of two (students need to present their student cards on race day)
- To enter, simply visit the entry page on asgevents.co.za
FNB and RMB Private Bank cardholders receive a further 10% discount on their entry fee (terms and conditions apply).
Included in entry fee
- University-specific bike numbers
- Personalised name/university bike stickers
- Event race jersey (General Public and Alumni entries only)
- FNB promotional items
- Light breakfast table on both days
- Lunch on both days
- Live entertainment at the race village each day
- Complimentary rider facilities at the race village
- Lucky prizes